Number of Panelviews?

miketrek

Okay I might sound a little dumb here. PV are not my best area however love to learn about them. From one controller can you have more then one PV? Or would you have to build a network to have the info on more then one PV?:oops:

Hey Bernie
The PLCs are micrologix 1000 and a few PVs 300micro and a 900
As for as network. I dont have much insight. Trying to serach for some ideas.

Please list the exact part numbers of the Panelviews. Any network will require additional hardware but it will allow more than one display (depending on the displays). There will be at least one networking adapter module for the PLC.

The Micrologix manual available here has an appendix 'D' which shows a lot about communications. Pay attention to the section (with diagrams) on the DH485 protocol. It shows the convertor (1761-NET-AIC) needed for the electrical hookups.

Fair warning:
If you are using multiple PanelViews (or PanelView Plus') connected to one controller, you will probably want to completely avoid using any kind of Maintained, Toggle, or Latch button object on the Panelviews.

Do any toggle logic in the PLC, use pure Momentary button objects, with the indicator set to a different tag to show the current state.