freeware to view AB logic?

tgreif

I'm not an integrator and don't have, nor do I need RSLogix. However, I do want to be able to view some SLC programs, not make any changes. Is there a freeware or shareware routine that lets you view AB .rss files?

Sorry

This question pops up now and again.

No, there is no RSLogixViewer, per se. There is RSLadder, but it's not free, and it just allows an operator to view the logic online (not make programming changes).

The only way to veiw the ladder without spending $$$ is if someone prints out the logic using RSLogix to an Acrobat PDF file.

If you post your RSS file here (just ZIP it and include it as an attachment), usually some kind soul (of which there are many) will print the PDF for you.

A good will soul..... :)

Allen is right,

We ussually convert the ladder to PDF so the client can see it, or print it. If he wants changes, they call us....

if you zip the ladder (*.rss ,*.rsp, or *.acd) you can send it so I can convert it....

Could you not use the free 10-point micrologix version of RSLogix to view any SLC program? I would think you could. I assume the limitation of it is in communicating with processors......

Forget it, I tried it out and NO you can't!

Last edited:
I too would like to second that need for a "service" version of the various programming packages, that be RSlogix or STEP7 or ..

This software should only be able to upload/download and view the program online for trouble-shooting purposes.

If such software was available at an affordable price (like max 200$/€), we would get one for all our service peoble and one for all of our customers.

Are you listening, Rockwell ? Siemens ? You can make some money here !
All you have to do is to take your software and REMOVE some of the functionality, how hard can that be ?