S7: CPU317 - Adding A Unspecified TCP Connection

AbjectControl

Hello.

Looking to add an unspecified TCP Connection to a CPU317, but the system is telling me "no corresponding CP exists at current location." I need to have an unspecified TCP connection so my AG_Send/Recv format will work correctly. Help?

-AbjectControl

Just looking to make sure I have this correct.

The application is using a Third Party switch for the ProfiNet network, and does not currently have any of the CP34X family of cards. So, essentially, my ability to utilize TCP connections for message transfer isn't available?

Just answered my own question. Because I'm using a 317, I can't use the AG_Send/Receive that utilize NetPro route.

Search on Support.Automation.Siemens.Com provided an OpenComm Wizard utility that's the bread and butter I need. Thanks for the help.

AbjectControl, you write that you use a "317".

If it is a 317-2DP, then you must add a CP343-1, and use the AG_SEND/AG_RECV blocks. And, a connection must be stup in NetPro.

If it is a 317-2PN/DP, and you intend to use the onboard PN port, then you must use the "T" blocks (TCON, TSEND, TRCV, TDISCON). The usage is a little bit more complicated than AG_SEND/AG_RECV, so I recommend that you find the sample project on Siemens support. There is NO need for a connection in NetPro ! The connection is fully specified in code.