SLC 5/03 runtime error S6:0034

tearhole

I have a problem that I am trying to solve.
Problem: SLC 5/03 reports "a negative value for a timer accumulator or preset value was detected"

My question is how can I determine where the value is located so that I may track down its source?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you
Chris

Go online and open up all the timer data files and look for a negative preset in any of them.

Then right click and find all, to see what in the ladder might be writing to those addresses. If you don't find any ladder logic that might be causing the problem, there could be a device on a comm channel writing a bogus value to a preset.

If the timer is scanned with a negative value for a preset or accumulator you will get this fault. If you take corrective action (ie. If tx.pre <0 MOV 0 tx.pre) before the timer instruction, you should be able to keep the process running while you track down the cause.

Paul

EDIT: Also look at:
Fault/Powerdown (Rung #) S:20 - (File #) S:21

This is the word and file that the processor last executed before a major error or powerdown occurred.

Last edited: