PanelMate 1100 Download problem

AJ_25

I have a PanelMate 1100 that works. When I attempt to download a new configuration I receive an error "Station is not a 4 button unit". I was told that it might have a bad battery so we change the battery with the same results. Any ideas?

I have a PanelMate 1100 that works. When I attempt to download a new configuration I receive an error "Station is not a 4 button unit". I was told that it might have a bad battery so we change the battery with the same results. Any ideas?

I can't be exactly sure but it sounds like the configuration file does not match the unit you are trying to download to and the unit is rejecting it thinking the config file is for a "4 button unit". Is this config file something you created with s/w? If so, I would double check the settings to insure they match.

In these cases then I start by working in reverse, remove each change working back to the originalthat worked. That usually weeds out the offending change.

oh, and welcome to the forum.

There are some issues with some PanelMates (though I don't know if it's that particular one) where it will forget what it is. It basically happens when the CMOS battery dies and it goes back to some "default" CMOS configuration. Unfortunately, it's not a fix that you can perform in the field...

The interesting thing is the 1100 is a 4 button panel. It must no longer think that it is still an 1100.
I have experience with 1700 and 3000 which are both 4 buttons and had to convert a 5000, which is a 5 button, to a 3000 where all the 5th button configurations are dropped. (PITA)