Micrologix 1000 Status Files

fredjohns

Where can I find information about the status files for a micrologix 1000. After a few months of running we had a fault displayed on the PLC. When we went online and checked the processor status this is what was shown:

Minor error at the end of the scan
Refer to S:5

Major Error Halt S:1/13
Major Error 20h

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.

The error description said Minor Error at the end of the scan, Refer to S5, but when i checked S:5/0, S:5/2, S:5/3, S:5/8 and S:5/13 on the status window, they were all 0 So I am not really sure what caused the fault. When I press clear major fault it would clear the fault but as soon as i put the PLC back in RUN the fault would come back.

That's exactly what I would have checked and it is usually the math overflow. Do you have an error handling routine?

If you have a long program start placing a TEND instruction beginning at the start. Keep going until you get the fault. That may point it out.

hi bernie as you are active on the post i was just wondering if you could shine some light on something i encounted on nights, we have a small I/O ML1000 and it had been running a box sealer, all of a sudden a photocell got smashed off and after one the guys replaced it the tried to run the machine but the PLC was in fault, it was in major fault: unexpected reset occured, but on resetting the major fault as soon as you went to take it from remote program to Run it faulted again and came up with Retentive data lost, tried unlatching the bit with a CLR, RES, MOV, 2 wouldn't go down to bit level and the other i couldnt use either, tried saving the program and then re-downloading, all the usual then i checked my backup hard drive and found a backed up version so i looked at the data files and not exactly but most of the values were something similar in both, i downloaded and it worked.

now the 24vdc photo cell must have caused this fault as we found the wires had shorted together when damaged could you maybe have an idea why it would do what it did??

Rob

Bernie, we don't have an error handling routine in the program. I am unfamilar with error handling routines. What exactly does it do in the program and are there any examples of them on here. I will try your TEND idea if the problem comes back. To get rid of the problem so we could get back up and running I tried reloading the original program back in but each time I would try to go back into run, I got the same fault. I then loaded in a completely different program and was able to put it into RUN then went back an downloaded the original program again and this time I was able to put it into RUN without getting the fault.

error handling routines are covered in the manual that Bernie posted you need to program them in your self and can be used to trap erros the are intemittant such as recording what rung faulted. see the fault routines section of the manual Bernie posted

I have been reading the manual trying to get a handle on fault routines. Does the program automatical go to file 3 and look for a user fault routine if S:1/13 is set and if it does go to file 3 and find a fault routine, it looks like the routine would need to clear S:1/13. I looked to see if there were any examples of fault routines in the manual but didnt run across any. These fault routines are new to me so I am not sure if i would just need to clear S:1/13 or if there would be other areas that need to be addressed in the routine.

Thanks
Fred

Major error halted

Dear friends,

I am using micrologix 1200 plc it is showing error 0016(Startup protection fault) i refered to the error code they said to reset S:1/13. But this bit is not reseting again and again my plc is going to fault mode. Anybody help me please

Dear friends,

I am using micrologix 1200 plc it is showing error 0016(Startup protection fault) i refered to the error code they said to reset S:1/13. But this bit is not reseting again and again my plc is going to fault mode. Anybody help me please

Is this a new PLC application that you are developing or one that has been running for some time? The fault is to do with the startup protection fault routine, it is either invalid or does not exist. If you haven't got a startup protection routine then set S:1/9 to 0 in your offline program and download to the PLC. You either need S:1/9 = 0 or you will need to set the number of the fault routine in S:29 (This will be a number between 3 and 255).

Last edited:
But s:1/9 is showing already "0" only. The problem is each and every time when i am going to online mode then defaultly that s:1/13 bit is setting as "1".
then i tried to reset by using program also but eventhough it is setting as 1