How do I create a library for Beckhoff?

jonfarrugia

I'm looking to create some code in Beckhoff that I can save to a library and use in future projects. Is there a "How To" manual ot do this?

I have another question.

How do I get rid of the lines between networks?

How do I show the full name of a symbol and show the description?

untitled.jpg

jonfarrugia, I think you are stuck with the lines between networks, if some of the other Beckhoff folks on here know otherwise, I'd be greatly in their debt of they would share.

Regarding the variable names that don't match, you only get the variable declaration dialog box the first time you enter a tag name that is not recognized, you can edit the name later in only one place, and you'll get a build error, or since you are not getting a build error, you may have a variable of the name Alarms_Res somewhere else in the program, you can do a global search for it using Project / Global Search...

There are a couple of ways to control how the Ladder diagram looks and prints. By default, PLC Control trys to show as much on one line as it can. To get it to show more, you can try setting the font to a smaller size. The font is in Project / Options / Editor / Font... I like Lucidia Console because it's a monotype font, see this great bLog article...
http://www.pccontroltools.com/site/blogs/beckhoff/09-08-10/The_Best_TwinCAT_PLC_Font.aspx

Hope that helps some.

Thanks. That did help, However, I was looking to find a way to show all of the symbol name along with the description. For example, If I create a contact in ladder with a symbol name of "RESET_ALARMS" It will only Display "RESET_AL" to see the rest I need to scroll over. Is it possible to make all of the symbol name visible. If I turn off the description then the symbol name is displayed. I want to see the full symbol name and description

untitled.JPG