Fm350-1

mahmoud turky

Dear all,
I have a problem in some application:-
i have an encoder(5v) and i'm using it to measure the displacment between two things one of them is fixed and the other is movable and i'm using SIEMENS PLC and fast counter module FM350-1 but exactly i don't know how to configure or program FM350-1.
i downloaded the manual of FM350-1 but really i found some defficult to understand how to use it.
So can anyone guide me to program it even in some small applications.
very thanks to you all.

Here is a working FM350-2 example.
Holler if you have more questions.

Edit: It's a library for S7-300.

Dear,
first thanks for your program but i can see that you didn't use the library FC2 or FC1 in your program only what you use UDT1 and you program the rest.
i hope it willn't be defficult to understand your program and i'll replay you again.

Dear Paul,
I saw your program but you use the library of FM350-2 and i'm using FM350-1, so can you explain to me how to program it.
Thanks

Did you load the FM software ?
With the software is a getting started manual.
It gets loaded where all the other manuals are
Go through the 'Getting Started' manual. Its easy

Dear all
i now have my FM350-1 and i did a small program and applied 24v signal to test the counting using FC2, and it done well, but...
i have a problem with 5v encoder:-
i connect 24v to 1L and 0 to 1M and connect the supply of the 5v encoder and its signals (A&B) but i didn't get any counting. i changed the connector of the counter to A positin and i used the same program to count but the counter didn't count, i don't know where's the problem but what i want is to count up in A direction and count down in B direction, i don't know if there're any settings in Hardware Configuration i didn't modify it.
thanks alot for your help.