Crimson 3.0 - G304K data tag storage

kenvandenberg

was working the same file on two computers (home and work) and noticed that the tag values were not copied with the file.

the tags were marked as retentive, but had different values on each machine, when i moved the file between computers the tags kept the values of each computer.

are they saved in a different file on the G304K?

Data values of retentive tags are not stored in the Crimson file, nor in any other file on your PC. Crimson simply allocates Flash memory in the G3 unit for retentive storage of these variables. (This is my experience with C2; version 3 may behave differently.)

Kolyur is correct.

If you run the emulator, the retentive tags are stored in the memory image file under...

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Lion Control s\Crimson\3.0\Emulator

...but that still won't follow you from PC to PC.