HMI Problem

timaldred

I have a project that should be near completion.......However my client requires that only 1 of the 2 touchscreen HMIs has active control at any one time. He does not want to use passwords on an operator level type arrangement (Siemens Standard). He would like to have a simple local remote switch operating a spare input on the plc. At this point in the Project I do not want to write a lot more code to achieve this. Any ideas/suggestions

We had a customer that requested this a couple of weeks ago. We had 2 PV+1000's. What we did was make a screen that had some text that said basically "you have no control", then a button that said something like "press to take control". When you pressed the button, it would send you to our main page, then it would force the other panelview to the same screen with the no control message. The two applications were the same except for the remote screen tag, they had to be unique.

Depending on how much control your current HMI application has, you could use visibility on the control objects (Setpoints, Pushbuttons, etc.) based on the PLC input from the Local / Remote Switch.

This would involve extra work on the HMI development, depending on how many control objects you have. I assume that they still want to be able to monitor from the non-controlling HMI?

It looks pretty much as if the visibility switching will be the way to go thanks.
Least of my problems at present ....WinCC and alarm handling:smas: