Need help( Gx Developer 8)

Towerlight

Hi All,

Does anyone know about Gx Developer 8?
If a Input is activate and i want to display the time the Input is activate on my HMI.
How to i write the program?

Thanks

What is the HMI? GX is for the PLC... so you need the HMI program not the PLC, then you just make a indicator light and address that to change states in the HMI

Green X0 = on
Red X0 = off

Hi Geniusintraining,

The HMI is Human Machine Interface(Touch Screen). When the input is activate,
i want the HMI to display the total hours/minutes that the Input is activate.
Anyway the HMI i'm using is the Pro-Face GP3000 Series.

Thanks

In your PLC you will need a timer/counter, then in the HMI you will need to make a tag with that address... I have never used Pro-Face before

Hi Geniusintraining,

Thanks for reply, I not sure what function i can use in Gx Developer 8 to make hours/minutes. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Not sure how accurate you need to be or what CPU you have... but look at SM412, this is a 1 second internal bit and will turn on and off every second, you can use this with your input then have that go to a counter

[input]-----[SM412]-----(counter)

Then have the couter displayed in the HMI, you will also need a button or something to reset, if you need it in min have the first counter count to 60 then start another counter, then you have min/input/on

clear as mud?

Hi Geniusintraining,

The Pro-Face touch screen does not have a C address.
They have X, Y, M, SM, L, F, V, S, B, SB, TN, SN, CN, D, SD, W, SW, R & ZR.

Thanks.

Make a move in the PLC to a place that the HMI can read...

The pic below is moving D0 to K2Y000, this is a output word so don't use that address but find one that you can use in your PLC that your HMI can read, maybe you can use a M that is not being used in the rest of your program

sdrgddrgdrgdz.jpg

Instead of using a counter - increment a D register,that way the Proface unit could read that directly.

Example: Q series instructions

D0 - Counter
M0 - Trigger - change to your Input

Code:
  M0       SM412
--| |-------| |---------------[+P K1 D0 D0]

Instead of using a counter.... - increment a D register,that way the Proface unit could read that directly.

Example: Q series instructions

D0 - Counter
M0 - Trigger - change to your Input

Code:
  M0       SM412
--| |-------| |---------------[+P K1 D0 D0]

Oh sure... now you come 3 days later and post some fancy code and look like the hero :p

Towerlight, as you can see we all help each other.... STL's idea is better and cleaner

clean code is good code :nodi:

Regards!

Thanks Geniusintraining & STL???

But how to i key in the +P K1 D0 D0?
Can you also explain how the +P K1 D0 D0 works?

Oh sure... now you come 3 days later and post some fancy code and look like the hero :p
:D
Hi Mark 🍻

Towerlight,

To enter the instruction into the editor i press key F8 which gives me an 'enter symbol' dialog, then type in the instruction as above(without brackets[])

[+P K1 D0 D0] means the following,

+P = ADD instruction with rising edge pulse
K1 = Amount you want to add
D0 = Source register
D0 = Destination register

So each rising edge of the monitored signal add 1 to D0.

Mitsubishi Help file

Adds 16-bit BIN data designated by (D) to 16-bit BIN data designated by (S) and stores the result of the addition at the device designated by (D).

Hope this helps

Last edited: