how to read a rdb file in wincc flexible 2008

RTA

Hi all,

I am using wincc flexible 2008.
Can someone tell me the way read the data stored in rdb file and display

The RDB format is proprietary.
If you need to read it with an application outside the WInCC Flexible program, then create another logfile with CSV format. Then use the function "CopyLog" to copy from the RDB file to the CSV file.

When datalogging takes place , i also use the data to display the trend.
The data can be logged in a user selectable file name and
since the data is logged in rdb format, how i can i use the same data to display as chart within wincc flexible at a later date by slecting the datalogged file name i want.

I hope my requirement is clear

Thank u JesperMP

There are the system functions
TrendViewBackToBeginning
TrendViewScrollBack
TrendViewScrollForward

I dont think there is a function to go to a specific date/time.
This is one of the areas where WinCC Flex RT is more "SCADA Lite" than a full SCADA.

You will have to export to CSV and do the charting with another tool if it must be more advanced than what WinCC Flex can do.

Thanks JesperMPAll the system functions are to do with live data but once the data is stored ,how to retreive and display.To some extent storing of data in .csv file and displaying the chart to a limited file size is possible in EXCEL but once the data is huge like 1.5MB and above ............................How?

All the system functions are to do with live data
No. The mentioned system functions works with archive trends.
once the data is stored ,how to retreive and display
When you setup a trend display, you can specify that it must use archive data as the source.

To some extent storing of data in .csv file and displaying the chart to a limited file size is possible in EXCEL but once the data is huge like 1.5MB and above ............................How?
Excel isnt suited to mass amounts of data. You should use an SQL database for that. WinCC Flex can log to an SQL database.