Ab 1747-l20a

rbz

Hi

I have a 1747-L20A Fixed PLC and I want to know what cable I can use to program it. I am also looking for the cable pinout so I can make it.

Thanks in advance for your help

I believe thats the 500 brick. If it is it should have a DH port under the little door. I used to use the 1784-PCM4/B CABLE but I used a laptop with PCM/CIA card. If your not using a laptop setup with the AB1784-PCMK/B COMM CARD then the cable will not do you any good. It uses DH comm protocall and Logix 500. The same as SLC 5/01 - 5/03

Last edited:
Jimfun

Yes, it is the brick and it has a telephone style conector. I don´t have a laptop with PCMK comm. I have a standard laptop with a serial port. I have a 1761-NET-AIC module. I already saw the manual sent by Pacifico and it says that I need a 1747-PIC and the 1747-AIC. Is there anything I can do with the hardware I have or I need the hardware mentioned in the manual.

Thanks

this link should help you nail down the hardware you need ...

http://www.plctrainer.net/

a cable pinout isn't going to help - and you probably won't be able to "build it yourself" since there is some electronics work involved ...

and be careful if you try ... two of the pins in that socket have 24 volts DC on them - and can damage your computer's serial port ...

question: do you already have the RSLogix500 software package? ... note that the free download version will NOT work for the processor that you have ...

I have a 1761-NET-AIC module

If you have the above module then connect your PC ( with real serial port) to the
RS232 port on the AIC ( port #1) with a null-modem cable. Then connect port # 3
on the AIC with a 1761-CBL-AS03 cable to the SLC's DH485 port.

Configure RSLinx with the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. Baud rates must be the same and nodes addresses different.

See picture below. You don't need two AIC's, one will do.

dh485connection.jpg

I will make a test following the diagram. Thanks all of you for your support

Regards
In case you go through your junk pile, the PIC was used to communicate with the bricks.
You may get lucky and find one in there.
Otherwise, follow the suggestions above.