Simatic S7/RS Logix5 Windows 98 Error

dooroo62

I am getting the following error after installing RSLogix 5 Ver 5.20.20 on an IBM Thinkpad 770 that had Siemans S7 installed first.

One or more objects of a type cannot be represented. The server s7uvpomx.dll for _s7uv_list_ct objects could not be loaded. Make sure that the required optional packages are installed.

Open Project (257:5)

System information

Windows 98

S7 ver 5.0 + sp2
Release k5.0.2.0

Rslogix 5
Ver 5.20.20

I have searched this form, the web and a host of other places without a solution. I have uninstalled and reinstalled software. I have soft booted and hard booted but no cigar.

I know that are issues with RSLogix 5 and Siemens S7 running on the same PC but have not found the solution. Any Tread, URL or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Don

pphhhit...pphhhhit...Helloo...Helloooo

I'm new to this forum...

I know there is someone out there who has to use S7 and RSLogix 5 on the same PC and is having of has had the same problem I am having

Throw a man a life vest for Pete's sake....gurble...gurrrble....gurrrrrrble

Both programs have a tendency to run in the background.

Installing any program when another is running, especially plc programs, can create havoc.

Try starting over, then install one at a time and BETWEEN installs make sure none are running on startup...ie goto Start then Run then type in msconfig ...a window will popup, goto Startup tab...the best option is to UNCHECK all but your Anti-Virus program, systray and maybe Scan Registry.

If running RSLinx make sure it STOPS...ie doesnt claim the com port or is running on startup..ie the above thing about msconfig.

hope this helps.

I knew spitting on the tubes would work......

Thank you for a reply........

I will try what you say......

Another thing.......

What makes Release k5.0.2.0 not work with Windows XP??????

Is it some reg entry that is telling Release k5.0.2.0 something it don't like? What technically stops Release k5.0.2.0
from working with Windows XP? I have serial ports, PCMCIA connectivity...MAN wINDOWS ny WORKS

Thanks again for your reply... I hate PC's that do not do what I tell them to do!

Thanks,

Don

I have the exact same version/build of Simatic S7 and NO it wont work with XP...why? The kernel.

Every version of windows (or winblows to some) has a NEW Kernel..program have to be built around this.

I am not an expert but I know XP was founded on the NT Kernel BUT was purposely designed NOT backward compatible...the reasoning was that to make backward compatible would inhibit ITS capabilities.

You have to do 1 of 2 things:
1. Upgrade S7 and maybe RSL
2. Keep an older PC/laptop to use with S7/RSL.

I have the older laptop ..ie option 2. I left the 5 off because the situation isnt much different with 500.

BTW..You didnt mention attempting to install this software on XP..to do that you need the latest releases of both.

AGAIN BTW..If that XP laptop doesnt have a serial port do not expect an MPI adaptre to work thru a USB OR PCMCIA adapter.

DONT BUY CP5512 if not going to upgrade Simatic S7, the drivers are on the CD for the S7 upgrade OR the lateast SIMATIC.NET cd.

Yes but what is it???????

I run Release k5.0.2.0 on windoz NT 4.0 sp ????? god know what.

Is WP so different?

On my PDA there are programs that only look in the registery for some @#$#$%#$^ entry that says " this is progrmam ver ?????" ergo I will run.

Can I go to the registery and edit some @#%() text entry that will let Release k5.0.2.0 run on my New XP system?

Come on guys and gals.....What can I do other thatn upgrade Release k5.0.2.0 to make it run on XP???????

I know there is someone out there with the answer.

"Show me the money" "lead me to the promise land" "REEEmovve..a the scales from m eyes"!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Don

Don (or is that The Don! :D )

This isn't going to be much help for you....

according to the Siemens web site the only version of Step7 that works with XP is version 5.2, But..

I have v5.1 sp3 (K5.1.3.0) and I have installed in on an XP machine, it works fine, I have not tried to go online with it though.

So there might be some hope for you, keep trying. If not then bite the bullet and upgrade.

Paul

I installed S7 on that XP laptop and it would work EXCEPT when I tried to connect to a plc, I never got that too work. I even have a CP5511 and bought the 5512 but the only way to get drivers for the CP5512 is to buy the upgrade. It works as a CP5511 with my old laptop so when the time comes I will upgrade.

Now that I think about it, the S7 software is the only one that I havent upgraded for compatibility to XP, the rest will work. I have been putting off buying a new laptop because of the old software. I dont need too.

THANKS

BTW I never got RSL500 5.0 to install on XP at all, version 4 would. I had to get version 5.20.

I used VersaPro for GE Fanuc on the XP system using a USB to serial adapter.

I used DirectSoft32 with the USB adapter on several occasions.