AB PV600 - set/reset with 2 buttons?

wildswing

This probably sounds like a basic question, but I have no formal training with PanelBuilder, so I fumble my way through editing. I want to confirm an idea.

Is there a way to set a PV600 tag with one button, then reset it with another button? As is we have it set up with one button set to "maintained" type to toggle the tag, but operators hammer away at it (like calling for an elevator) repeatedly setting and resetting the tag. I want to change to a two button control, where one button sets and the other resets the tag. Can this be done by selecting "latched" type, and having one button's contacts N.O. and the other's N.C.?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I would do this in the PLC with standard latching logic, like

Start Stop Running
+--[]-------[/]------()
| Running |
+--[]-----+

Start
----(U)
Stop
----(U)

Link one button to Set start and another to set Stop.

Animate the buttons to show the state based on the Running bit.

Have each button write to separate addresses. One sets a bit and one resets the bit. Similar to a motor starter circuit. (Stop/Start) Use two momentary buttons in your PV.
You didn't say what processor you are working with.

Edit:
You guys type faster then I do.