pv600 RIO tranfer set up

Alper

Hi guys.

We currently have 8 pv600 in the factory, and im looking to make a couple of modifications to the program in the pv but the thing is that this version of pv have 2 ports DH+(RIO) and RS-232. As far as i know the RS-232 port is printing-only and i have never made a communication with the pv via DH+ or RIO. we have a plc SLC 05 with a scanner.
I would like to know how to retrieve the application from the PV to my pc.
What software would i need???
PV = 2711-K6C1

Thank you.

Last edited:
You will need PanelBuilder 32 software and RSLinx to connect to your PV using the RS232 port. Default for the RS232 port is set to "Aux" so using the RS232 DF1 driver and a straight thru cable you should be able to upload its program.

You will need PanelBuilder 32 software and RSLinx to connect to your PV using the RS232 port. Default for the RS232 port is set to "Aux" so using the RS232 DF1 driver and a straight thru cable you should be able to upload its program.

I've tried that but RSLinx won't detect the PV, i set the PV in configuration mode ( left-right arrows simultanously) but only gives me some printing options. maybe is the "Aux" you mention is something else that i havent figured out.
RS-232 is not mentioned as a communication port

Untitled.jpg

See pdf's below.

If you disable the printing . you can then use the port to upload/download its program see pdf.

Another option is to use a memory card see pdf.

Yeah but i says that only some terminals support both options. I tried to disable the printing option and still nothing in RSlinx.
thanks

Yeah but i says that only some terminals support both options.

Your unit does support both. See picture.

What driver are you using and what cable are you using?

The "RS232 DF1 Devices" driver with a straight thru cable should work.

Have you tried "autoconfigure" ?

If you are using a USB to serial adapter then not all will work.

download_uploadsupport.png

Last edited:

Im checking that out. What version of panelbuilder are you using??
thank you

plc SLC 05 with a scanner.

Also keep in mind:

Depending on what "modifications you are going to be making you will possibly also need to have RSLogix500 software and an understanding of Message instructions, in order to add functions to the PV - PLC (if you have a SLC)

Just something to be aware of if you did not already know.

BCS

tried using your steps but still PV is not detected by RSlogix.
What kind of cable should i be using?? because we have an improvised RS-232 cable, that we use for the PLC.

The standard RS-232 cable from a PC to an Allen-Bradley PLC controller is a "null modem" cable that swaps pins 2 and 3.

The standard RS-232 cable from a PC to a PanelView terminal serial port is a "straight through" cable that does not swap pins 2 and 3.

The usual workaround is to connect a "null modem adapter" when you only have one type of cable handy.

The other common workaround is to use a flash memory card instead of a serial cable. PanelView Standard terminals with v3 or later firmware will support a CF card in a Type II carrier, if it's under 2 GB and formatted as FAT16, not FAT32 or NTFS.

tried using your steps but still PV is not detected by RSlogix.
What kind of cable should i be using?? because we have an improvised RS-232 cable, that we use for the PLC.

RSLogix? Hopefully you mean "RSLinx"

As Ken stated...

Pins 2 to 2
3 to 3
5 to 5

finally connected to the PV and uploaded the application. turned put being the straight thru cable.
Thank you everyone