Panel view 600 and slc 5/03

urvinder_pal

This being thE first time i am trying to work with a panelview 600 AND SLC 5/03.I keep on getting the error no active nodes found. Can someone let me know what is missing that would establish a connection between the two. I am using 2711-NC13 CABLE.

IN THE PANELVIEW COMMUNICATION SETUP I HAVE

NODE ADDRESS 2
MAX NODE ADDRESS 31
BAUDRATE 19200

UNDER NETWORK NODES

NODE NAME slc

NODE ADDRESS 1

NODE TYPE SLC 5/03 - OS 302

IN RSLOGIX 500 UNDER CHANEL CONFIGURATION

UNDER GENERAL
CHANEL 1 DRIVER DH485

CHANEL 1 SYSYEM DRUVER DH 485
BAUD 19200
NODE ADDRESS 1(DECIMAL)

UNDER CHANEL 0 SYSTEM

DRIVER DF-1 FULL DUPLEX

BAUD 1200

PARITY NONE

SOURCE ID 9(DECIMAL)

ERROR CRC

DOES THIS BAUD RATE HAVE TO MATCH WITH SOMETHING

PL ADVICE.

THANKS TO ALL

Please tell us the complete catalog number of your Panelview.

Also which port on the SLC5/03 are you connecting the PV to?

Is there any other hardware involved with this connection?

From the cable you listed, it looks like you are connecting from the SLC5/03's serial port to the PV. If so then channel 0 on the SLC5/03 ( serial port/RS232)
will have to be configured for DH485. Same baud rate as the PV with a different node address.

But with answers to the above questions we will not have to guess.

Last edited:
panelview 600 and slc 500

Please tell us the complete catalog number of your Panelview.

Also which port on the SLC5/03 are you connecting the PV to?

Is there any other hardware involved with this connection?

From the cable you listed, it looks like you are connecting from the SLC5/03's serial port to the PV. If so then channel 0 on the SLC5/03 ( serial port/RS232)
will have to be configured for DH485. Same baud rate as the PV with a different node address.

But with answers to the above questions we will not have to guess.

panel view cat no: 2711-B6C5, SERIES B FRN 4.21

I AM USING SLC SERIAL PORT

THERE IS NO OTHER HARDWARE INVOLVED

THANKS

panel view cat no: 2711-B6C5, SERIES B FRN 4.21

I AM USING SLC SERIAL PORT

THERE IS NO OTHER HARDWARE INVOLVED

THANKS

Then with your 2711-NC13 cable and your SLC5/03' serial port configured for DH485, Baud rate the same as the PV, node address different then the PV you should be good to go.