5/03 communications error

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. My old laptop died, reloaded RSLOGIX500 and LINX. Trying to download and I keep getting communications error. I go to "controller properties", then the communications tab, try to auto configure and it isn't working. I don't know what the old settings were. I was communicating no problem with the old laptop yesterday. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I submitted a thread not long ago for comm issues, however, this one is not the same. Thank you.

which port are you connecting to on the SLC? ... top or bottom? ...

if it's the bottom, you probably need to set up the DF1/RS232 driver in RSLinx ... in RSLinx - go to Communications/Configure Drivers and "add" the DF1/RS232 driver to the spreadsheet ... when you get to the configuration screen, click the Autoconfigure button ...

if RSLinx says "successful" then (and ONLY then) should you move on to RSLogix500 and try to go online, etc. ...

secret handshake: if RSLinx can't communicate with your processor - then RSLogix will NOT be able to communicate with it either ...