Error creating activation file when transfering

nathan.slade

Hi all.
I have had to back up and reinstall our rs500 and format our laptop and when i go to reinstall the activation files from the master disk i get "Error Creating Activatin File" when trying to move from the master disk to the hard drive on the laptop. I am useing evmove v4.7 32bit if this helps. And no we don't have a service contract with rockwell at the moment.
Any help would be great.

if moving from computer to computer via a flash drive EVmoveCF if you have the master try making an ISO using RockwellMasterdisk(do search on web non Rockwell)then copy using Diskfactory 32

Hi all.
I have had to back up and reinstall our rs500 and format our laptop and when i go to reinstall the activation files from the master disk i get "Error Creating Activatin File" when trying to move from the master disk to the hard drive on the laptop. I am useing evmove v4.7 32bit if this helps. And no we don't have a service contract with rockwell at the moment.
Any help would be great.

If any Rockwell applications are running you can't move the activation. Verify that no RA apps are running including RSLinx.

I know this is OLD but this may help others

I was getting this same error with no Allen Bradley
software running. The fix for me was to log in to
Administrator account and it worked.