FactoryTalk View ME V11 error creating runtime

elfrider

Hi,
I've been using FactoryTalk Machine Edition V11 to create runtimes for countless HMI's at versions between 5.1 - 8.2 for several months now without issue. All of a sudden I'm no longer able to create runtime files and instead I receive the following error:

ERROR: Unsupported feature=Audit Trail; Component type=Startup

Audit Trail is not a feature I have ever used so this is not something I have turned on. When the error first occurred I did check and it was strangely switched on in the Startup options, but disabling it didn't help. Since then I cannot create a runtime for an older firmware at all, despite rebooting several times as well as download the latest patch roll up from Rockwell. I've made no other alterations to my laptop setup either.

Any idea on this one please?

In the project tree, under startup, have you enabled the audit trail check box? uncheck it

In the project tree, under startup, have you enabled the audit trail check box? uncheck it

Thanks for the response, however as stated I've tried unchecking it and it makes no difference (I'm not sure why it even randomly turned itself on in the first place as the project it first happened with was one restored from a V5.1 panel which doesn't even support this feature)

Did you check Knowledgebase? There is a article about it. It is Techconnect level.

I did search the KB for the error I'm getting and couldn't find anything relevant. I have TechConnect. Do you have the TechNote number please? Thanks.

Make sure CSV export is also deselected.

Are your Roll-Ups uptodate?

Tech note worked for me.

I do not trust any version 10, I only run V11 - Sept 21 2019

Hey Rockwell, where is V12? Its been almost a year!

Make sure CSV export is also deselected.

Are your Roll-Ups uptodate?

Tech note worked for me.

I do not trust any version 10, I only run V11 - Sept 21 2019

Hey Rockwell, where is V12? Its been almost a year!

Just checked and CSV export was already deselected. It's just weird how it's suddenly happened for no apparent reason after working fine for so long.

Can you summarise what the technote says to do please, as my techconnect account is currently not showing as authorised. Is it something to do with Windows 10? Maybe an update has broken it?

I am running VMWare, Windows 7 pro on the guest and w10 on the host.

Probably would be fixed by roll-up.

There is a July 2020 is the latest Roll-up, but that is not going to help you if you do not have software support.

It has already been summarized.

1 - Deselect Audit Trail
2 - Deselect Enable CSV Export
3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise to run in Compatibility mode for Windows 7. Then right-click on VStudio.exe and Run as administrator.
4 - Roll-Up PAtches
5 - call rockwell with techconnect

VMWare is the way to go.

I am running VMWare, Windows 7 pro on the guest and w10 on the host.

Probably would be fixed by roll-up.

There is a July 2020 is the latest Roll-up, but that is not going to help you if you do not have software support.

It has already been summarized.

1 - Deselect Audit Trail
2 - Deselect Enable CSV Export
3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise to run in Compatibility mode for Windows 7. Then right-click on VStudio.exe and Run as administrator.
4 - Roll-Up PAtches
5 - call rockwell with techconnect

VMWare is the way to go.

I'd already downloaded (it did let me) and tried the July 2020 patch roll up but this made no difference. Will try putting Enterprise in compatibility mode (I'm already using a VM - Virtual Box but windows 10 rather than 7). Will let you know, thanks.