Target node is not an SLC500

radarwolfe

Using rslinx ver 2.2 with 1747-pic trying to connect to 1747-L40A processor. The node shows up with rs who, but says it is not an SLC500. Have connected with this processor I use for testing cards dozens of times and now this. Any Suggestions? Using same laptop with same software and same processor. Had recently been used to connect with 1747-L543 processor with RS232 cable and also with 1747-PIC through DH485.

Last edited:
Technote 3872
Causes:
1. PIC driver node address set to 1 and the SLC was also set to node 1 creating a duplicate node error.

2. Using an older version of RSLogix 500 and trying to go online with a processor with newer firmware.

Solutions:
1. Change the PIC driver configuration (In RSLinx) to node 0 or another unused node.

2. Update RSLogix 500 Software to accomodate the processor with newer firmware.

Just a reality check......

You see it show up in the RSWho window, make sure you click on it and then click online or download.

This exact error message occurs when you select the computer and try to go online/download.

OG