B&R Automation Studio - open project from target

italo2008

Hi All

I'm trying to understand how to open a project from target PLC (from the online help it seems to be possible, the following quote is taken from AS help )

For SG4 target systems using Automation Runtime V3.08 or later, it is possible to store project source files directly on the target system. These source files are compressed into a .br module called AsProject.br and sent to the target system when the project is transferred or the Offline Installation option is selected. If a project has been stored on the target system, it can of course be reopened in the other direction.

At the moment I cannot do that (a message appears "no valid automation studio project file", but 100% the project is inside the PLC, I downloaded it through offline install in the CF card)

The question is : should I select some option in order to download source code to the PLC? Some other thing to do? Does anybody have experience about this issue?

Thank you

The option to enable source code comparison on the target is not turned on by default. To do so: go to the Configuration View and right-click on the folder for your project's CPU and select Properties. Go to the tab Comparison and click the checkbox to enable source comparison on the target.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 074228.png