simatic tp177 micro

stevefoes

We have updated s5 to s7200 ,just downloading to the screen TP177 micro using win flex 2005. This will not communicate as the download for the screen from siemens site says it is looking for the older version software 2004 . Is there any fix around this or does the pannel have to be a TP177 "6" .

When i do not have the same OS on panel and Winccflex I use aplication in winccflex caled OSupdate which udates OS on panel.
I didnt use it on this panel but on biger panel this works fine.

select Project - Transfer - Osupdate
as described in manual

Updating the operating system using WinCC flexible
Requirements
• The HMI device is connected to a configuration computer.
• No project is open in WinCC flexible.
Procedure
Proceed as follows:
1. Switch off power to the HMI device.
2. Select the menu command "Project ▶ Transfer ▶ Communication Settings" in WinCC
flexible on the configuration computer.
This opens the "Communication Settings" dialog.
3. Select the HMI device type.
4. Set the connection parameters.
5. Close the dialog with "OK".
6. In WinCC flexible, select the menu command "Project ▶ Transfer ▶ Update operating
system".
7. In "Image path," select the folder which contains the HMI device image file, *.img.
The HMI device image files are available under "WinCC flexible Images" in the WinCC
flexible installation folder and on the corresponding WinCC flexible installation CD.
8. Select "Open".
In the output area, you are provided information on the version of the HMI device image
file after it is opened.
9. In WinCC flexible, select "Update OS" to run the operating system update.
Follow the instructions in WinCC flexible.
A status view opens to indicate progress.
Result
The system outputs and alarm when the operating system update is completed.
This operation has deleted the project data from the HMI device.