Simulator

LENA2383

I have been working on the traffic light simulator but I can't get my timers to count and two figure out how to use 4 timers to control the whole thing I am STUMPED. I am going to try and post what I have.

STUMPED :)

traffic.jpg

Wow, could you make it any bigger?... :D

All your timers are enabled solely by other timers. You need a way to get them going. Hint: You might look at using an INPUT for that purpose... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

I want sure how to post a RSL file

In the instructions it doesn't call for any inputs.

here is what is wants

Light O:2/00 (Red) = 12 seconds ON
Light O:2/02 (Green) = 8 seconds ON
Light O:2/01 (Amber) = 4 seconds ON
The sequence now repeats with Red = ON.

Modify the program so that the 3 lights which represent the other traffic direction are also controlled. It is tempting to use six Timers for this task, but the job can be done with just four, and you'll end up with a much cleaner program as a bonus.

Red = O:2/00 Green = O:2/02 Amber = O:2/01
Green = O:2/06 Amber = O:2/05 Red = O:2/04
8 Sec. 4 Sec. 8 Sec. 4 Sec.

Again, you still need something to START the timers. Looks like you're making an effort, so try replacing your timer rungs with these. Notice that T4:0 CAN start because T4:2 is NOT done.

| T4:2.DN +--------+
|----]/[---------------------------------| T4:0 |
| +--------+
|
| T4:0.DN +--------+
|----] [---------------------------------| T4:1 |
| +--------+
|
| T4:1.DN +--------+
|----] [---------------------------------| T4:2 |
| +--------+

Also notice how each timer starts the next one, yet DOES NOT reset until the final timer finishes.

This should bring you back with more detailed questions... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

OK got my lights working. When I put the XIO in it started the timers but once it when through all the lights turned off but the cars keep going. When I changed it back everything worked fine.

If I used 4 timers would the 4th timer go back to the yellow. I am not sure how to plug that timer in.

What "Simulator" are you taking about? Point me to it and I'll investigate.

In a 'regular' PLC, the ladder I posted will continue to sequence forever, so I don't know how all the lights turn off... :confused:

Also, where did you "put the XIO"?

beerchug

-Eric

Sounds more like a real intersection!

OK got my lights working. When I put the XIO in it started the timers but once it when through all the lights turned off but the cars keep going.

Better watch out Eric, you may end up in traffic court on this one. Especially when you go pluggin them timers in! hehe lolis