Wincc Flex 2008 integration in pcs7-project

thed

How to do this right? Is this possible in general?

When OP is integrated in PCS7-project (v. 7.1) problem with OS occurs:
1 In NetPro - "... s7omwinx.dll... could not be loaded";
2 In HW Config - cannot insert WinCC App. The same message about s7omwinx. Sometimes insertion is sucsessful after restart Manager, but this is not systematically.
3 When starting WinCC Explorer - MCP_CS.dll and CCMCP_MT.dll also could not be loaded.
4 When activating project - ccaeprovider.exe memory error, but runtime is somehow starting.

There are no such a problem when step7-project is created (when in newly created project properties I select "Use: STEP7" instead of "...PCS7").

Not sure, because I have no personal experience with PCS7.
But as far as I understand, PCS7 is a combination of S7 PLC(s), WinCC HMI(s)
[*], and special software libraries, CFC in particular.

*: WinCC, not WinCC Flexible !

So to use WinCC Flexible in combination with PCS7 sounds odd to me. Since the full WinCC is an integrated part of the package.

I'm designing a system in which must present central control desk (PC with WinCC Single Station) and local control desks with OPs. So there will be several different control modes. And it will be great if I could integrate OP in project to use related advantages such as synchronization etc.

Contact Siemens with your request.
Either it is not possible, or something has messed up the software installation on your OPC.
Maybe you can do it with a "multiproject", working on several PCs.

How to do this right? Is this possible in general?

When OP is integrated in PCS7-project (v. 7.1) problem with OS occurs:
1 In NetPro - "... s7omwinx.dll... could not be loaded";

Hy,

in the original installation - was the PCS7 correctly running?
And did you get the problems first after the addition inst. of FLEX.
This is not quite clear to me.

Maybe this helps:

https://www.automation.siemens.com/...how.aspx?HTTPS=REDIR&language=en&PostID=53637

But anyway.

On my computer there is no PCS7 but

STEP7
WinCC V7.0
WinCC FLEX
AS/OS-Transfer
an there is no DLL-Problem.

But be aware that the version restrictions for PCS7 are bigger
that in an normal environment. And also the sequence of
installation.

Usually PCS7 should use only with special selected hardware
and software otherwise the wizards will not.

Finally, it doesnt make sence to my to use a FLEX instead of a
additional regular client.

Frank

The original installation of PCS was running correctly. Problems are arising only after OP integration and there are no problems after deleting OP from project.

I'm using FLEX because in my project several control desks exist (central - PC+WinCC Single, local desks - with OPs).

Of course, FLEX works correctly with Step7 (if compatibility requirements are observed), so, if I create step7-project (instead of PCS7-project like I've posted above), there are no problems also.

Last edited:
Siemens has made a description how to integrate PUs in PCS7 projects. I haven't tried this yet, but will probably have to in a not to far future.

Here is the link: http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/jI/jIzMDExMQAA_39203658_Tools/39203658_PU_Integration_en.pdf

K

Thank you very much for this document. I didn't know that.
It shows very good what PCS7 does below the carpet with all
the wizards PCS7 has. I use CFC quite a bit but in a
standalone way without ALARM_S and ALARM_8P.

Frank

Last edited:
@Frank
You have probably noticed that the all the newest CPUs in the 300-series can have up to 300 active instances of Alarm S/D!
icon14.gif

Kalle

You have probably noticed that the all the newest CPUs in the 300-series can have up to 300 active instances of Alarm S/D!
icon14.gif
@Kalle

This special issue was not on my focus. But what I know is
that the new CPUs will have a diffent stile of "Operation and monitoring".
So the O&M Sync is not only at the end of the OB1, it is also
possible to switch to a "time slicing" stile. So the
actualisation rate is quicker than before.
SIEMENS will show up with this with the new firmware V3.2 (for S7-300-PLCs)
Actually this guys doing a lot increasing speed.

Frank

Siemens has made a description how to integrate PUs in PCS7 projects. I haven't tried this yet, but will probably have to in a not to far future.

Here is the link: http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/jI/jIzMDExMQAA_39203658_Tools/39203658_PU_Integration_en.pdf

K

Yesterday I've already integrated OP in PCS-project like is described in this document, but problems are the same. Now I'll take a look to the demo project that is delivered with "WaterLibrary" (free lib from Siemens). May be there will be a solution.

There's no OP in demo project:confused: They have connected OP to PCS by global DB (if this definition is correct). So, with PCS7 this is the only way? But what about the tutorial given by Kalle?

Last edited:
If you have checked the PCS7 compability matix(es) and done the installation steps according to the manuals:book:, and it still does not work, you should go to Siemens support with these problems. There are also restricitons on the 3rd party programs and Windows versions, you might have to 'downgrade'.

I think I've found an origin of the problem.
WinCC Flex 2008 is compatible with all of main components of PSC7 7.1. And WinCC Flex 2008 SP1, and 2008 SP2, but only 2008 SP1 is compatible with PCS7 7.1 in general (not only with components). So, tomorrow I'll install SP1 :) I think this is why I had no bugs when I created STEP7-project instead of PCS7-project (of course, Flex 2008 without SPs is compatible with Step7 5.4 SP4).
I'll reply after installation SP. Theese tables of compatibility need to pay a lot of attention :) And they may be changed in any time, so it needs to watch them while SPs are issued.

Last edited: