Fault code=0001h

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day. I have a SLC500, 5/03 processor, I'm trying to get the communications started between processor and RSLogix 500 and I get the following error: Fault Code=0001h. I have used this before and they communicated just fine. I changed my DF1-1 from RS232 to DH484 so I could communicate with a Logix 1200 control. Now I'm trying to switch it back to RS232 in RSLinx but it wont change it. I delete the DH485 and select RS232, then when I configure it, it goes back to DH485. If someone might know what I'm doing wrong I would sure appreciate it.

Remove the processor from the rack. Disconnect battery. Then, try to reset the processor by placing a small screwdriver blade across the VBB and GND on the processor about 1 minute.
This returns the SLC 5/03 to INITIAL FACTORY CONDITIONS
After that, try RsLinx by using DF1 driver and AUTO CONFIGURE

In RSLinx where the drop-down shows the selection (RS232, DH485, etc.. )I select the RS232 and it still continues to place DH485 in the field. Are there possibly some settings some where else that are preventing me from successfully making this change? Thank you for the help.

Yes, I can delete both RS232 and DH485 from the active field. Problem is, as soon as I select anything other than DH485, the DH485 is what appears. I have shut the system down several times. As soons as it energizes the FLT indicator on the CPU begins flashing. I replaced the CPU with another, it uploaded what was on it, I then tried to download to it, it gets to the point where I belive it says something to the effect of "writing table instructions" then gives me a communications fault. What started all of this is someone tried to communicate with the CPU using something similar to a PCAIP (I think it's called) to RS232 connector. The system went down immediately and I can't get it back. Thank you for your help.

Have you tried using a 1747-PIC (Personal Interface Converter) to go ONLINE and download?

In RsLinx, once your 1747-PIC connected, you have to use 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.

Give it a try to reset the processor by shorting VBB and GND.

Yes, I can delete both RS232 and DH485 from the active field. Problem is, as soon as I select anything other than DH485, the DH485 is what appears. I have shut the system down several times. As soons as it energizes the FLT indicator on the CPU begins flashing. I replaced the CPU with another, it uploaded what was on it, I then tried to download to it, it gets to the point where I belive it says something to the effect of "writing table instructions" then gives me a communications fault. What started all of this is someone tried to communicate with the CPU using something similar to a PCAIP (I think it's called) to RS232 connector. The system went down immediately and I can't get it back. Thank you for your help.

Check the Channel configuration on your Offline Program. It sounds like you are Downloading a different Communications Setup, and this causes you to lose Communications.

Stu.....

I reset the CPU, as you instructed, as soon as I turn the unit back on the FLT lamp blinks and I still can't get RSLinx to change to RS232. Each time I delete the DH485 and click on RS232 then select ADD NEW, it enters the DH485 again. I'm not sure if all of my settings are correct when I go to config. It seems to me that when I switched from the SLC500 to the Logix1200 I had to change a setting in config but I can't remember what it was.

In RsLinx, RS-232 DF1 Devices should be set: SLC-CH0/Micro/Panelview

And ERROR CHECKING to CRC.

Use the button AUTO CONFIGURE.