Scan time

Today, the difference between PLCs and DCSs is becoming blurred. However, historically PLCs handled the bulk of digital inputs and outputs and the CPU scan time depends on the number of I/Os and the processing power. How do today's DCSs compare with PLCs in terms of the scan time given the same number of inputs and outputs both digital and analog?

There's processing time, and I/O scan/update time. Today, the I/O update time is usually the same, but the PLC scan time is still much much much faster.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I'm trying to simulate any program in control expert and see a register in Modscan32 or any software to do that (Like ModbusPoll). I...
Replies
Views
I am not sure if this is possible but if there is a way, you guys would be the ones to know. I am currently working on a project where we are...
Replies
Views
I have a Type C to RS485 adapter connect to my Siemens RWF55. I use modscan to scan it to get a value from the Siemens controller. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to PLCs and learning about PLC Scan times for Schneider PLCs I've derived the PLC scan time using the free running blocks. The PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello. Does anyone know the equivalent of the first scan bit in a L32ER compactlogix? Do o need to obtain it via GSV? I’m looking to regain...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom