PLC controller help

rlncw

Hi everyone,

I need a PC/PLC that I can use to drive 22 inverters(VFDs) independently. The inverters are being used to drive motors. I need a device that I can monitor and control all 22 devices through Profibus. Can anyone help me find one? I wanted to accomplish this task without having to write a program.
Thank you for any suggestions!

several questions for you.

1. brand if inverters?
2. power wiring to inverters? are there contactors powering the inverters?
3. control wiring to the inverters?
4. since there are 22 inverters, and you plan on using profibus, what are the wiring requirements, minimum cable distances between drives, noise interference problems?
5. how long can the system be down? it may be that once you start this process, you have to finish before the system will run again. it could be a day or 2, it might be several weeks.
depending on your ability.

a host of other questions can be asked.

Unless you are highly proficient at programming, and what i have asked, I recommend you consider a systems integrator.

For 22 motors independently controlled via Profibus, with monitoring for amps, etc, I'd figure two days to put the drives in a program. For a quote I'd say three days minimum as 22 motors will take some time to commission. I'd use a Siemens S7-300 platform with Drives ES so you could program the Siemens drives through the cpu's Ethernet connection. This time is based on me being a pro, with no learning curve for the integration. If you haven't done this before I'd triple or 4x my estimate.

Mr. Mcquade's questions are very applicable. You didn't specify hardware. An integrated system would require a central E-stop circuit with contactors for the drives and associated programming for inverter faults, speeds, etc.