SLC 500 1747-L541 contollers

srv

I have one SLC-1747 L541 controller.when i tried to communicate with my computer through RS 232 and USB adaptor,an error msg is coming like "check your cable or switch setting" on autoconfiguration .I am using rslinks 2.50 version for linking.Can anybody advice me what setting i have to do in RS links to communicate to PLC using RS 232 Port,How i can use the DH485 port

Also do you know how the SLC's serial port is configured? ( DF1 or DH485)
Do you have its offline file? If so take a look at its channel configuration or post it here and someone will help you look. ( zip it first then post).
The configuration of its port will determine what driver you will have to use in RSLinx to get connected.

Iam using *** RS232-USB adapter.I hopes its good.I am getting connection in RS links ,but showing Slc500 as P02/30 something like that.also "check your cable "in autoconfiguration set up.Is it bcs of the port is configured as DH 485.

Can you post your .RSS file? ( zip it first) Or post a screen shot of the SLC's serial port configuration.