Factory Talk View ME Tag Browser not working

Hi All,

I have a problem where I cannot reference offline/online tags from FT View Studio ME (Release # 5.00.00 CPR9). I cannot get the Tag Browser to display at all.

I have googled this problem and found that my problem is related to the following thread elsewhere.
http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1464367.html

I cannot get the DIBServer to run.

I have re-installed the complete FT View Machine Addition Package, but no success.

Does anyone have any idea what I can still try to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Johannes

Since you have said that DIBServer does not run, I assume that it is not listed in Task Manager when you have a project open.

Shut FTView Studio ME down and open a command prompt and try the following commands:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\SETagBrowser.dll"
DIBServer.exe /regserver

Hi OkiePC,

Thanks for your reply.

The first command runs fine, but the 2nd one fails:
DINServer.exe /regserver --> "The ordinal 3490 could not be located in the dynamic link library SFL20ASU.dll"

I have installed FT View Studio on a development desktop PC as well and have no problems getting the Tag Browser to work. I then compared the location of the sfl20asu.dll file on my desktop to my laptop and made a very interesting discovery.

On the desktop the file is installed under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell" and on the laptop it is installed twice under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell and "c:\windows\system32". The dll’s file size in the “c:\windows\system32” is larger.

I have renamed the laptop's dll in the "c:\windows\sytem32" folder and now it works!

I have also noticed another file in “c:\windows\system32” which is named “sfl201asu.dll”. This file is installed by the Phoenix Contact AutomationWorx Suite. So I guess some other program installed the second dll in the “c:\windows\system32” directory causing all these problems.

Thanks again,
Johannes

I have heard from others that lengthy addresses cause problems with FT. Good to know double addresses do the same. I also am glad you posted the results.

I have heard from others that lengthy addresses cause problems with FT. Good to know double addresses do the same. I also am glad you posted the results.

What does any of the above have to do with 'double addresses' ? In this case, it's the simple fact that Windows goes through a search path in a specific order looking for a Dynamic Link Library, and grabs the first one matching the name it finds.

With todays HDD capacity, this arguably once-needed functionality is currently foolish, and every application should use only Windows System DLL's, or DLL's loaded in their own project path.

Hi everubody,
I am Downloading the for the "Factory Talk View Studio" program, can somebody help me or recomend me some site??

Thank you

This one is fine. Create a new thread, and place as much information you can of your issues/what you've done already.

You may even get someone to help you in spanish! I know alot of yanks speak it.

Thank you,
i just want to dounload the Factory Talk View studio 5.1 or 5.0 it is all infortation I have,
If you can help me in spanish it must be fine,
Thank you for your Support
Misa frm Mèxico

Hola vale, disculpa que te moleste, pero ando necesitando el factorytalk view studio o solo el me para programar un panel view compact de AB y necesito la versión 5.10 del mismo, podrías decirme si la conseguiste online y de ser así como descargarla? yo tengo la 5.00 y esta no me funciona. gracias.