1756-RM/A redundancy setup

chrisnah

Hi all,

I was setting up a system using 1756-L61 processor, 1756-CNBR/E and a 1756-RM/A.

As i know 1756-RM/A is a plug and play, but when it was plug in the chasis, it was showing err and wont switchover to the standby chasis.

I have tried few ways to make it work and one actually worked. I plug out the 1756-CNBR/E module from the chasis, and it work fine with the switchover.

Anyone have any experience bout this? Please help out. Any settings or updates required?

EDIT: Old thread from last September. Fooled again !!

ControlLogix Redundancy is easy to configure, but it's not exactly "plug and play".

Download, read, and understand both the ControlLogix Redundancy System User Manual and the Release Notes for the revision of Redundancy that you are using.

It is extremely important that all the controller, network, and Redundancy manager modules in a ControlLogix Redundancy system be properly loaded with the appropriate firmware versions that are described in the Release Notes.

In particular the 1756-CNB modules will limit what Redundancy release you can use, because they are "Standard" ControlNet modules, so you'll need to run the Standard Redundancy (like version 16.57). You would need 1756-CN2(R) Series B modules to run Enhanced Redundancy (any version 19 firmware).

RA Knowledgebase Answer ID 165251 (TechConnect) has a clear table of firmware revisions in various Redundancy releases.