Micrologix 1200 HSC instruction

Kyle Grathwol

I am faced with a situation that will require using the HSC instruction with a PID instruction both of which I have never used.

The HSC will read a PPU measuring the speed of a hydraulic motor. How do I configure the HSC instruction to read the value as a frequency instead of counting up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I’ve just run into the same problem with a ML1200 HSC application.

I plan to:
· read the HSC:0.ACC,
· use the last scan in 100 usec units,
· calculate scans per minute,
· multiply HSC:0.ACC by scans per minute to get counts per minute,
· put in a simple lag filter to smooth out the scans per minute,
· convert that to rpm,
· then reset the HSC.

It’s not ideal, but it should get the job done.

I hope this is helpful.