Factory Talk View ME and SE

godfrey

Whats the difference between Site Edition and Supervisory Edition. I am a long time Machine Edition user. I am working on a spec which requires use of Site Edition.

None. Factory Talk View comes in SE Site Edition and ME Machine Edition.

The supervisory edition title belogs to rs view which had rs view 32,rs view supervisory edition,etc.

Factory talk view is just rs view rebranded and a few changes for the better but still a long ways to go to get to a user friendly product.

Nothing. I think Rockwell just changed what the SE stood for when they renamed the product from RSView SE to FactoryTalk View SE. There are two different configurations of SE. One is station and works like the RSView32 product. The other is distributed where there are HMI servers and HMI clients running on different computers.