Help with timers in GX IEC developer

AndersW

Heya

im doing a small program in gx iec developer 7 and havnt really programmed in years so some help with this would be nice

im programming an FX3U and plan connecting it to a beijer E1032 screen once i get that far

Anyway what Im trying to figure out right now is how to have a timer change value from a register using a function block so I can change the value the timer counts up to with the E1032 panel

If anyone would take the time to explain this to me as simple as posible id be very happy

This is a standard timer in GX IEC.
The presetvalue could either be a constant or a registervalue.
The registervalue could be addressed and changed from an operators panel

gxiec.JPG

Thank you so much :D I assume that i can do the same with counters, if I use this as a transition do I need something to reset the timer or will it do that automatically when the setpointtime has been reached?

Sorry for being a bit slow here also havnt had time to play around with it today hopefully ill have time tomorrow but if I understood this right

I'll add a D0 to Preset, do I need to use a M0 as a coil and M1 as status? and then use the M1 in the transition?

ive only used timer_m the past 6 years and there I can use TC0 and TS0 and just use a "cable" to pull it