1762-1f4

toarts

Hello Guys,

Sorry, this is my first time adding/configuring analog input model number 1762-1F4. I am using Micrologix 1400. I added this analog input into I/O configuration and setup all the parameters 0-10V. Since I dont have any sensor to test the analog input, I hooked up a voltage meter into analog input 1 perhaps I can see some values. But I think I am jumping ahead, is there anything else I should look into? also, in what address I should be looking at, supposed everything setup correctly? is it N7 data table hold all analog input?

Thank you so much for help.
:oops:

Your analog input data will be in the I table. If your card is the first one raw data for the four inputs will be I:1.0, I:1.1, I:1.2 and I:1.3. Refer to the manual for the input card for more information. You will need to scale the raw data from the analog input to convert it to meaningful real world data, called "Engineering Units." You can store those values where ever you want to. One of our most respected forum members has an excellent tutorial on scaling for beginners as well as more experienced users. I recommend you go through it. You can find it at http://www.ronbeaufort.com/ Click sample lessons (left side), then scroll down to find scaling part 1 and 2. Even though Ron uses a SLC for the example its exactly the way you would do in the ML1400. Use the SCP instruction after you understand how scaling works.

A volt meter isn't going to output anything to your analog input. Use batteries - you'll be amazed at how well they work for giving you 1.5V, 3V, 6V and 9V 🍺