slc 5/03 fault-my mistake-

oaie

hello
I was wrong and I accidentally gave cancel while downloading a program and now fault led flashing
fail to connenct to slc with rslogix and rslinx with my rs232 cable
appears this message with rslogix:"no response from processor at selected path/node" and below "diagnosticstatus failed : 0x4"
how can I fix the problem?
many thanks

hello
I was wrong and I accidentally gave cancel while downloading a program and now fault led flashing
fail to connenct to slc with rslogix and rslinx with my rs232 cable
appears this message with rslogix:"no response from processor at selected path/node" and below "diagnosticstatus failed : 0x4"
how can I fix the problem?
many thanks

If the Fault LED is Flashing, you should still be able to connect to the PLC. Close your project in RSLogix500. Shutdown RSLinx and restart it again. Then open your RS-232 Drive and do an Autoconfigure. Hopefully, you should be able to re-establish communications. Once you have, you can open your project in RSLogix500, and Download it.

Stu....

I tried but it did not work.
I wrote a new program and tried to connect and nothing.
I reconfigured driver in rslinx and nothing
I stopped power for slc and nothing
no communication
is possible to delete everything without communication?
lader diagram is not important.
many thanks

thanhs for Answers and documentation!
i clear memory(i hope)but no works.
I found ab pic and victory,connected to the first time.
clear errors and now works.
this is good news. the bad news is that it does not work my rs232 cable. o_O
rslinx not found station and not configure driver df1.
any suggestions?

using the DF1 driver with RSLinx should auto configure.

Make sure no other program is using the port, usually COM1
Try using a null modem rather than straight through serial
Completely shutting down RSlinx and then restart

hello again
I tried to autoconfigure DF1 driver with RSLinx but no works.
says check cable o_O
ab pic driver communication with my plc but no communication between rsworks and plc.
i uninstall rslinx 2.57 cpr9 and install 2.43 cpr6 and now rsworks communocation with my plc.
i tried again df1 driver but same problem:"check cable".:cry:

obvious but when doing an auto configure you are making sure to select slc 5/03 before doing the auto configure

Are you using a USB adapter or do you have a serial connection at your pc?
Post a screen shot of your configuration in rslinx

Last edited:
oaie,

Post your .RSS file here ( zip it first) and someone can take a look at your SLC5/03's serial port configuration.

Does your serial port work at all? I've run into something in the field in which my serial port got "fried" some how and I had to buy one of those USE to serial converters and switch my COM port number.

According to your screenshot, you have a PLC-Ch0 selected. Your connecting to a SLC. You need to select that.