encoder with Versamax high speed counter

WHALENON

Can someone point to a source for learning how to program in Proficy Machine edition a high speed counter that reads my turck encoder? I am using an A-quad-B module setting......

Mr. Bailey;

It is a modular versamax installation. CPU is a IC200CPUE05, Mixed discreet card is IC200MDD841. I am using a Turck T8.5020.661A.0100.0050 hollow shaft mount encoder.

Have you read Chapter 13 of GFK1504? That's the manual for the MDD841.

You connect your A and B signals from the encoder to teminals B1 and B3 on the module carrier. I hope the encoder is a 24 VDC model because that's what the module needs. You'll also need to connect the DC- to terminal B17.

Most of what you need to do to set up the module is done in hardware configuration. That's where you set it up for 1 Type B (quadrature) and two Type A (Pulse/direction) operation. Default setup is 4 Type A operation. It's also where you set the timebase for the rate data.

The accumulated count value will show up in the sixth of thirteen %AI words assigned to the counter in hardware configuration. The count rate will show up in the second %AI word.