ControlLogix to ABB IRC5 via Ethernet

Softy

Hello all,
I am starting a new project that has a ControlLogix 1756-L61 processor talking to 2 off ABB IRC5 robot controllers. The communications is via Ethernet IP with an ENBT card in the PLC rack and an ABB Ethernet IP Fieldbus Adapter in each robot controller.

The question is, how do I add the ABB ENet adapter to my RSLogix 5000 I/O config tree?o_O
Do I select a Generic Ethernet module, and if so does anyone know the Assembly instances I require?
Or is there a way of adding the ABB adapter so that it comes up in the window of available modules when I right click on my controller's ENBT and try to add new module?

PS. I'm not using RSNetworx for ENet.

Any help appreciated.

Similar Topics

I am struggling to get a 1769 CompactLogix to communicate with a AC 800M controller from ABB. ABB requires an EDS file from the PLC which I can...
Replies
Views
Has anybody had luck with read/writing to an ABB RVG200 Paperless Recorder directly from a ControlLogix (Version 30)? Looks like I may have to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am fairly new to ABB Robotics (FlexPicker) and have been asked to see if there is a way to get status bits to a ControlLogix PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I need to read/write data between an ABB AC500 and a ControlLogix via Ethernet Any suggestions? Does the AC500 support EtherNet/IP...
Replies
Views
I am trying to setup communications between a Allen Bradley ControlLogix plc with a Direct Logic DL 305. I was told I can use Modbus RTU or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom