AB Ultra3000 DSD Fault 19 Help

loundeb2

Hi Again,
I have a new AB Ultra3000 DSD, connected to a new AB F4075 ac servo motor. I'm using a new Micrologix 1500 BXB to pulse the drive from it's PTO function at 400Hz.
I had it all set up and working on my bench before installing it into a press feed.
Installed into my press feed and I get fault 19. I autotuned, slew is on, I moved all the position parameters around, but still the same fault.
Any advice on which parameters I should start with or about what values I might try for position and velocity tuning?

Thank You,
Lou

E19 is a position error fault. If it worked on the bench under no-load condition and fails under load, try reducing your acceleration rate and/or increasing the allowable position error. Does it follow without error at a slower pulse rate?

When all the motor has to do is accelerate its own mass it can follow the master pulse train more closely during acceleration than when it also has to accelerate the mass of the load.

Reducing the PTO Hz output was going to be my next step. I'm just having a difficult time wrapping my head around proportional gains, integral gains, feed foward limits, slew rates, electronic gear ratio's, and most confusingly, following error.
If I'm not mistaken, is the following limit and time listed as "position size" and "position time" under the Positions Function in the Ultraware's drive branch?

is the following limit and time listed as "position size" and "position time" under the Positions Function in the Ultraware's drive branch?
No, "In Position Size" and "In Position Time" define how close to the target position the axis needs to be and for how long before the Ultra declares "Move Complete".

Position error limit and time is set under the "Faults" branch.

Hi and thanks for the help.
I figured out the problem with the error 19 issue. I had to set foward or reverse on an input when using Step/Direction Mode, which makes sense now, since I had mode override, foward/reverse, and +/- preset velocities set on two inputs for jogging which worked fine.
Lou