Ultra3000 E22 error

Robotroc

Hello,

I have an issue with one Ultra3000 servo drive. I command an 1326AB-B520E-S2L motor and after 30 min the drive goes to fault with the E22 error. I change the drive with a brand new one , i made also the AutoTune and what they recommend in the user manual ( to reduce the ACC/DCC and speed ) and no results.

Could you give me some additional advice about this problem ?

Thank you,:unsure:

E22 is a thermal overload based on the motor model. My guess is if this had been running before and now it has an issue there is a mechanical component failing, causing some additional friction in the system. The other possibility is the motor is failing, requiring more current to generate the amount of torque it used to. But my money is on the first one.

Keith

Thank you for you answer. I made the mechanical verification, all seems to be in good condition and also I change the motor with one brand new ( only motor not the reducer also ). The only way to success a little bit is by decrease the ACC and the speed but i'm not comfortable with that decision because in fact i reduce all the machine line speed.
Do you know that are some parameters from PLC or from Ultra3000 with i have to pay attention to and try to adjust ?

When i selected the Monitor function from Ultra3000 i observed that the negative current feedback bulb goes to yellow and after that the E22 fault appears. After my speed and acc parameters modification the bulb remains gray and no fault E22 appears anymore.

Is this a new application or has this been in operation for some time? If it has been in operation, has anything changed recently, like the addition of some component to the moving assembly?

It appears the system requires more acceleration/deceleration torque than the motor/drive combination can supply over a long period of time. Basically, the motor is too small for the application.

Keith