Profibus minimum cable length 1m

Plc_User

I just saw a small film on youtube where they did an analasys of a Profibus network. Final reason for the problems seemed to be some stations that where connected with a Profibus cable of less then 1 meter.
What are your experiences with minimum cable length in Profibus or other causes for Profibus problems.
Thanks.

What are your experiences with minimum cable length in Profibus or other causes for Profibus problems.
Thanks.
I always follow the 1 meter rule on any PROFIBUS DP installation. You won't see the difference on low bus speeds, but at speeds above 1,5mbps it will save you a lot of problems.
The main causes for PROFIBUS problems are terminator resistors (too many or few or on the wrong places), bad shielding/EMC and incorrect cabling (max length, spur lines, near power lines,...).

Do you still have that link for the Youtube video?