By passing a Digital input?

bornwild

hey folks,

I am just new in the industrial world so bear with me. I have rslogix5 and i have a input signal which i want to bypass. If this signal was used only at one place i would just put a branch around it and it would work but i have input which is used many times in different routines. Putting a branch around will take a lot of time. I am not sure is forcing the answer .For some reason rsl5 makes it sounds very dangerous . How do you exactly force it. Will it affect others inputs if it is forced since i see the force values for all input. Also about analog inputs.Last what is the difference between forcing on and toggle bit both will make the bit one . So what is the difference :rolleyes:

IMHO I would either just force the input off or lift the actual input wire from the card, just be careful when you force and turn on forces anything else forced in the program will also force so just make sure there are no unwanted forces out there. Secondly this is the exact reason i like to keep real inputs and outputs out of my logic and keep them in an input and output subroutine. about the toggling, it will only stay toggled until something in the logic turns it back on or off.
Good luck

Try using the input as an output ie ----------( I:1.0/0)- toward the end of your coding

It can even be conditioned

Steve

thanks kwires and nehpets.

@kwires: How do i check if forcing turns on/off only a particular I/o. Also can you guide me how using the forcing feature.so if will toggle the input bit will it work?

@nehpets: Yes we already have that in the other plc but this one for some reason it is program like that

in AB software, up next to status box (tells you if you are online offline etc...) click on box that says forces you can drill it down and show you whats forced. To force your bit hi-light it and right click and click force input off. Ok box right below forces box at top says forces enabled or disabled, click on it and enable forces.

You can toggle it off but if you get input it will toggle back on