Transistor PLCs in Japan

PLCSam

Hello everyone. I know Mitsuibishi makes two different types of transistor I/O PLCs, those for the Japanese market and those for Export. The main difference between these two is that the Japanese versions require sink type wiring for the transsitor I/O, whereas the export models are built for source type wiring. I was wondering how Siemens, or other companies who export to Japan, handle this since sink type wiring is the standard in Japan. Thank you for your help.

Omron (Japanese I know) offer both NPN and PNP. These products are both shipped globally.

Most countries tend to have a preference but many have both.

If you are exporting to Japan, for example as an OEM, I would say that most global PLC vendors have both options available.

Thank you for your reply. You said that most venors have both options, but has any one made a PLC that houses both Sink and Source Transistor outputs in a single unit, where the user could select which to use? I imagine this would require some special circuitry at each output.

Thank you.

Source and Sink

As far as I can remember, Telemecanique's TSX Micro offers a selector for Sink and Source Inputs.
I don´t know any similar selector for outputs.

João

Last edited:
off topic

hi jcurado ,

what is the software required for programming TSX 170 telemecanique plcs ?

siemens S7 200 PLC has NPN PNP selectable inputs .

best regards.khalil.

Last edited:
Tsx 17

There were two differents TSX 17: TSX17 10 and TSX17 20.
They used to be programed in PL7_1 and PL7_2 (DOS OS) does not run in win 98/2000/XP.

Scheneider stoped making this a few years ago.

You also need a TSX17ACC8 cable

João