2 INTs to a DINT (controllogix)

Your post included the keywords: "Copy" and "Swap"

The ordinary COP instruction will move two integers from an INT[x] array into a single DINT when the Length argument is 1. The data moves "bitwise"; it is not converted to a new number like it would be with the MOV instruction.

INT[0] = 0x0123
INT[1] = 0x4567
results in
DINT = 0x01234567

If you need to perform byte swapping, use the SWPB "Swap Bytes" function either before you move the data or after.

Aoppreciate it Ken. I've been out in the field for 2 weeks now, and my online help doesn't seem to be working well.

Like I mentioned, I knew what I wanted to do, just not how to best do it, but my solution, while amateurish, worked.

Similar Topics

I am trying to concatenate two INTs into one DINT I have try following Knowledgebase Article 552006 but I am not having any luck. I have found...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking for a little help here. What I have is two counters, both are set to a PV of 9999, when counter 1 CV = 9999 it increments the 2nd...
Replies
Views
We have some new software that allows us to log anything we want on our PLC network..Our Flex IO are INT's and the Logger_Signal routine uses...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have no training in maintaining potable water systems, so forgive me if some of my terminology is far off the mark or if I'm focusing on...
Replies
Views
I can't seem to figure out how to add descriptors to I/O points on an RMC using PCCU. Say, for example, I want to use "Valve_1" as a descriptor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom