Automation Direct/Contrologix

VRBASGRAD

I have existing system that consist of AB L63 processor and AB 1756 ENBT communication module.I also have a remote I/O from Phoenix Contact that has is own Ethernet bus coupler device and everything is going thru Phoenix Contact managed Ethernet switch.I added new generic Ethernet module assigned IP address and Assembly Instance for input and output that was given to my by Phoenix Contact tech support.This system works fine but recently customer asked me to connect to some existing equipment that has new automation direct terminator I/O cards (analog,tc cards and discrete input) it also has a Ethernet bus coupler T1H-EBC100 that I already dedicate IP address but I am having hard time assigning Assembly Instance for input and output.
Just looking for some heads up or any ideas how to connect terminator I/O cards to contrologix via Ethernet connection?

Thx

I'm not real familiar with the AD hardware, but it looks like their Ethernet I/O does not support Ethernet/IP (That's Ethernet Industrial Protocol, not Internet Protocol).
Ethernet/IP support is necessary for the CLX processor to address that I/O over Ethernet.

Is there any other way to connect AD to Contrologix?

Thx

You could replace the AD network interface with DeviceNet (Although you would need a 1756-DNB and associated cables, etc).

You could use modbus as well, but I think you would need a 3rd party modbus card for the CLX (Prosoft or Fieldbus)

I forgot to say that existing system that I have with Phoenix Contact I/O cards and Ethernet bus coupler is wireless and customer also asked me to install wireless wi-fi module on AD terminator cards so there will be no cable from remote boxes to main panel

I forgot to say that existing system that I have with Phoenix Contact I/O cards and Ethernet bus coupler is wireless and customer also asked me to install wireless wi-fi module on AD terminator cards so there will be no cable from remote boxes to main panel
I guess that this is not possible!

Unbelievable.

Someone goes out and designs a control system with i/o and everything, but with no thought as to how it must be connected to the CPU that must control it !

Oh well.
A quick search on ADs website reveals that there is a devicenet adapter T1K-DEVNETS in the same product range as the T1H-EBC100. I think this is the most direct ticket to get it connected to the L63 CPU. You then also need a devicenet scanner in the CLX rack.

Alternative is to replace the proprietary AD I/O with something that connects via Ethernet/IP.

Unbelievable.

Someone goes out and designs a control system with i/o and everything, but with no thought as to how it must be connected to the CPU that must control it !

Oh well.
A quick search on ADs website reveals that there is a devicenet adapter T1K-DEVNETS in the same product range as the T1H-EBC100. I think this is the most direct ticket to get it connected to the L63 CPU. You then also need a devicenet scanner in the CLX rack.

Alternative is to replace the proprietary AD I/O with something that connects via Ethernet/IP.
First of all the AD system is working fine,they asked me if that can be connected to Clx L63.I dont have experience with AD so I am asking for advice.
I am not getting first part of your post!

I see your note in the original post.
connect to some existing equipment that has new automation direct terminator I/O cards (analog,tc cards and discrete input)
How is the AD I/O being controlled right now? Do they want you to take full control of this I/O or just communicate with the controlling system?

From that the requirement is to connect AD i/o to the CLX, I jumped to the conclusion that the AD i/o was not yet being controlled. My bad.

But by that it is already being controlled by some other controller, what is this controller then, and what protocol is used ?
If the protocol is not ethernet/IP then there is no way to merely connect the AD i/o to the CLX and have the CLX CPU have access to the AD i/o.

System has 44 analog inputs and 40 thermocouple inputs,there is no controlling just monitoring of tanks level and temperature.Who ever build the system did not finished the main control panel and for that reason there is no PLC.Remote I/O are all wired inside the remote j-box and Ethernet cable is provided to main panel but there is no PLC what ever reason is.I am trying to find best way to hook up these inputs to my panel and do the monitoring.

Thx

Unbelievable.

Oh well.

I have had it. Bye.
FYI
System was working fine but because somebody did not get payed for same reason they removed the PLC