1756-ENBT IP Config in RSLogix

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was just wondering what the difference between the IP setup on the General Tab and the Port Configuration is.

We have a processor that was a copy and paste of another, however the IP in the General Tab was never changed. However the Port Config is setup with the correct address (it is different than what is in the General tab).

What is the difference between the configs, and when would the processor look at one over the other?

Thanks.

The IP address in the General tab is what will set the IP address of the module during a download. The Port Configuration is used to change the IP address when you are ONLINE with the card.

Gotcha. Just so I have this straight, if the two tabs are different there should be no conflicts only as long as you don't re-download with the incorrect IP (assuming the IP in the General Tab is the undesirable configuration)?