Pricing

Windmill77

Hi, I am doing some research for a company and we are trying to understand the pricing structure and how PLC / PAC software and integrators price their products. The company is involved in the newer standards and have struggled to decide how to generate income from their product. Can anyone explain how the various companies charge for their software. Any info is useful. Thanks

My feeling is that it depends a lot on how they want to are situated (or want to situate) themselfs into the market.

In Europe Siemens has the bigger market-share so they can have a more 'arrogant' attitude (price and / or support) than brands that have a small market-share or are busy penetrating the market.

On the other hand, also quality comes for a certain price. In my opinion the bigger brands (AB, Siemens etc.) have their pro's when it comes down to (technical) flexibility, stability of products (technical and timespan), proper manuals etc. etc.

They are all sensitive for large numbers, so if you are buying a lot;
-start selecting on time, and have patience
-contact more than one to be able to compare/compete
-negotiate.

Greetz,