Kepware Pricing.

Dale87

Lifetime Supporting Member
Im using Kepware for comms between a Panelview 1250 and a power transducer via modbus tcp. Im a little confused on the Kepware software, Im using KEPServerEnterprise 5 Config to set it all up. I guess i thought Kepware was free when you purchased FT View, and an add on download? Im running on the demo version for now? Do you have to buy a license for Kepware if you want to keep implementing other comms in your Panelview's after the demo runs out? And if so how much is it?

Yes I believe so, however, I think it is complicated, It was many years ago when I used PV (probably V3.2)the software came with Kepware drivers & I assume that using it with a compact logix & a ML1400 that it used the drivers from kepware, however, I could be wrong or why would there be kepware included.
However, I believe if you wanted to connect to another type of system I would assume you would have to purchase the license for that system, in the US the AB suite for control logix is $1479.0, for perpetual licence or $499.0 per year subscription I think the best option is for you to contact them or a local supplier for the information.
The other times I have used kepware is on other systems where we had to buy the suite we wanted, we opted for perpetual licences based on the fact that it was unlikely we would change our OS sytems in less than 3 years so the cost difference was negligable over the 3 years.

If it came with the PV it's a stripped down and private labeled version of Kepware that used to be called RXLinx enterprise.

I don't know for certain if you can even replace or upgrade it on the PV to the full version so you can have access to the rest of Kepware's plug-in options and features.

Ethically you should be able to but I wouldn't be surprised if AB doesn't support it.

So I got this resolved and hopefully it'll save someone else from a headache. The Kepware Enterprise software that's available as an add on when you download FTVME, is just a 6 day demo. But all you have to do is stop the runtime service and restart it again and your back and running with a new 6 day counter. I read this straight from their website. I was told by my local AB distributors automation consultant that I would have to buy a license from ptc, depending on what driver I wanted. So I bought a single license for the Modbus suite. Downloaded Kepserverex and went that route. Only to find out when setting up a new laptop, that the kepware enterprise v5, that you can download from AB's website will definitely work past the demo period. I'm not a fan of kepserver ex as an opc for panelview, it loads a ton of unnecessary tags, into the tag folders, when you are only reading 20 Modbus tcp addresses. Enterprise seems to keep it to a minimum