Red Lion CAD Graphic Imports?

Britman

Hi, I am just about to start using Red Lion's Crimson 3 for one of their HMI's, (fist time). However I see by the sample graphics that they appear very 'Mickey Mouse'. Does anyone know if it is possible to import CAD files into their system instead? I can either do them in Autocad or Microstation. In the past I have used Elsag-Bailey's graphics for their Bailey Infi90 DCS systems and they look very reasonable. It would be nice if I could use Autocad files as a base for the Red Lion HMI. Any ideas anyone?

Hello,

The only way to import an cad file is to save it as a jpeg, or bitmap file first. Those are the two file types we support.

Thanks
Jeremy

If your CAD software doesn't have a bitmap export function, just zoom into the desired area and take a screenshot, then paste it into Paint or similar and crop the excess. I've done this with decent results.

I was recently experimenting with the same thing. Are there any examples showing how to make your own animated graphics. For instance, i want to make a gauge with a needle that moves based on a tag.