CAN NOT Connect using DH+ to PLC5

showshocka

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}I am using the "1784-U2DHP/A" box for DH+ with the PLC 5 and 500. The "Who Active Go Online" see's that i"m using the that connection, but it does not see the PLC on the network. It does the same thing with the AB_KT-1 DH+ connection as well. My drivers for theses connections are also configured properly in the RSlinx lite program, no conflicts. My Ethernet and DH-485 always works fine. What can it be?
I have a screen shot file attached this time......

Show us a screen shot of RSLinx's configuration.

Also your screen shot shows the PCMK card not the USB adapter. Are you sure the USB adpter it's taking comm port 7.

Check the baud rate switch and make sure it is set to the same rate as your PLC's are.

Last edited:
From the screen shot the only thing that stands out to me is the com port your 1784-U2DHP is taking. Double check this, it would be unusual for it to take com 1.

Also verify baud rate switch is set to match your devices setting.

Last edited:
It obviously worked at one time, or you wouldn't have that list of devices with X's over them.

What the 1784-U2DHP and 1784-PCMK drivers have in common is that they are both set for Node 00. Try another node number (try 77 or 76) instead.

Remember that DH+ can run at 57.6 kb/s or at 230.4 kb/s, so you need to either know what data rate is in use, or try both data rates.

Since you are using USB serial adapters and emulators, you absolutely must verify the COM port numbers used by your devices using the Windows Device Manager.

From the screen shot the only thing that stands out to me is the com port your 1784-U2DHP is taking. Double check this, it would be unusual for it to take com 1.

Also verify baud rate switch is set to match your devices setting.

Check them where? The device manager, if so where?

The Windows Device Manager has a "Ports - COM/LPT" section where it will show you the currently connected and enumerated devices.

There's a nice illustration in this 1784-U2DHP configuration Technote, AID#63856.

This is especially vital when using USB/RS232 interfaces. Depending on the chipset and driver, some of these devices will re-enumerate to a different COM port number depending on the USB port they are connected to, or on the sequence in which they are connected. If a device was COM7 last time, but you moved the USB plug one to the right... it might be COM8 now.

As far as I have seen the 1784-U2DHP retains its COMx enumeration. But you just have to verify using the Device Manager to be certain.

The round DH+ connector on Channel 1A is definitely the right DH+ connector. A PLC-5/11 controller will run at 57.6 kb/s by default, though I believe the data rate can be changed depending on the vintage of the controller. Remember also that the slider-switch on the 1784-U2DHP is only read on a power cycle, so if you change the data rate on the 1784-U2DHP, unplug and replug it into the USB port.

Last edited:
The Windows Device Manager has a "Ports - COM/LPT" section where it will show you the currently connected and enumerated devices.

There's a nice illustration in this 1784-U2DHP configuration Technote, AID#63856.

Worked like a charm. Here's a screen shot. Thanks all!! All I did was match the com port up with what it said in the port section of the Device Drivers for 1784... which was 6. sometimes it changes but as long as I match the com port and the RSlinx com port I was able to connect.

Looking for advice to change out a "scratched" "dinged" display on a Panel View 1000 2711-T10C1 touchscreen display. As I need to do this on a planned 10 hour down day, I will not have much time for surprises. Just after any advice from a person who may have done one before. I assume just unplug the old and connect the new ?

2711-T10C1?

so that is the one with Remote I/O capabilities?

On previous experience, although you will have loaded the program into the memory, I would always check the communication and rack settings on the Panelview, as I had one that took the program but not the communication settings, like Rack number and so on.......